Thursday, September 13, 2007

TAKS!!!

Today is the 3rd week of school and it has been pretty smooth so far. This week happens to be TAKS week where we have to take a pre TAKS test everyday. For some strange reason, it seemed like it would be fun only having to take one test all day, but it got completely boring by the second day. It is pretty cool having about 2 hours after the test where we get to play chess and a bunch of other educational games. I got to build my very first card castle which took me a long time adding up all the times where it fell down.
I got about 4 pictures of it before somebody thought that it would be cool to knock over the desk where my cards were just coincidentally standing. I also got in a game of chess where I crushed my opponent with my high intellect. I don't want to get too into details about the game but it was pretty cool when I trapped his king in the corner. Anyways, enough of all that boring stuff, lets get to the middle school drama. This week has been full of drama and gossip and I can't put everything on this blog because I don't want to say anything I shouldn't (I told you Lindy, I'm changing, lol!) An example of some drama would be at a party I went to where a girl didn't spend enough time with her friends and too much time with her boyfriend and her friends got mad at her which I thought was completely unrealistic. Now that we completed the drama section of this post, I am going to move on to important events that happened today. During the morning assembly, which is where all the kids meet before the day starts, this girl came to our school and talked about the Columbine Tragedy that happened in 1999. She was friends with Rachel Scott who was the first person killed during the tragic event. Before she died she left a journal of a bunch of goals that she had set for herself and they were all goals to help people and to change the world. Some of these goals were to rid our minds of all prejudice thoughts and also to not be afraid to dream. My mom also saw the presentation and she was very touched by it. Anyways, that was pretty much my day and please, feel free to post a comment, or two, or three, or four...

1 comment:

Lindy-loo said...

Koo, dawg.
You don't sound like yourself when your typing..
Just letting you know!
And yeah... I think I know what lol means...
One more thing, the girl that came to our school was Rachel Scott's brother's friend. FYI. Nothing big, I just feel the need to correct people sometimes! Sorry.

Nice blog though! Keep it up.

You'll Love this Music!