Friday, September 14, 2007

Go Cross Country!

Today we had our first Cross Country meet. Now, before telling you what place I got in the race I just want you to know that probably 160 to 200 people were in the race. It was a 2 mile race and it was very hot. My race was the last race and I was hoping for some rain or a cool breeze but nope. In fact, I think it became hotter if anything. If your waiting for me to tell you what place I got, well too bad. I don't feel physically and mentally secure in giving away that kind of information. I will let you know that only 1 person on our team got a medal and he was in the 7th grade. The medals looked really cool, I wish I got one but I'm not going to get conceded about this (Lindy... LOL!) or ROTFL, whichever one works for you. See, I am learning my IM skills.

Okay, now onward to school business. Today we took our last pre TAKS test which happened to be the U.S. History test. Because of the minimum knowledge I have acquired on U.S. history, I think I new about 8 questions out of 48, which isn't all that great. In fact, it's awful. I then learned that nobody felt good about it which made me feel a little better, not because I like it when other people fail or anything but I am sure nobody likes to fail alone, so that is why you have to bring everybody else down with you. Well, enough of my evil schemes, I think I am going to talk about this new game I learned.

Now don't think this game is all that bad just by the name of it, even though it just so happens to be called Drug Dealer. It takes an excessive amount of skill, stamina, and perseverance to play. What you do is sit in your chair and hold a card. There are three types of people you can get. If you get the ace then you're the drug dealer. If you get the king then you get to be the cop which is the person who tries to look for the drug dealer. If you get any other card then you're a pedestrian who just looks around and if the drug dealer winks at you you lay your card in the middle which shows that you have become drugged up, or that's what they called it, not that I was exposed to any of this throughout my childhood. Well, that was about all of my day right there, now this is the part where I get millions of comments!

3 comments:

Lisa Comer said...

You did great in the race, Justin!! Not sure about the card game, but thanks for emphasizing that you haven't been exposed to illegal substances or their salespeople!

Love,
Mom

Lindy-loo said...

Alright. You GO boy! GET them IMs sayings down.
Now.. Something I found very funny..
I'm actually talking to Ryan on the phone right now as I type this and he's like "Just so you know... there were like 300 people there.." He told me he got 100th place which isn't bad.
It was just really funny because right after he said that, i read your blog which says there were 160-200 people there. He only exaggerated a litttle! You know, 100 people isn't much!!

Haha. Well, nice blog!

Anonymous said...

hey justin,
since u insist on millions of comments, i might help here! ;)
just wanted to let u know that i enjoy reading your blog.
it's like taking part in your life over there somehow.
here in germany everything is fine.
i'll go and visit my parents tomorrow. haven't seen them for quite a while.
take care!!!
love, fanny

You'll Love this Music!